8.10.2013

A Few Things I'm Excited About: tiny entrepreneurs and photographers, coldbrew coffee, pictures of people making out, a rad sweater, and coconut oil



My friend Ros and I spent a few great hours at The Big Bear on Wednesday, drinking coldbrew coffee and teaching a ten-year-old about depth of field and how to use a DSLR camera to take pictures of something other than feet. Did you know that coldbrew has three times the caffeine of regs? Devastating and thrilling. Go make your own!

Alert! Tiniest Makers of all! Madesmith interviews Pop Bros, the Fort Green Farmer's Market's newest artisan food startup. Their speciality is the coconut pop:

          Madesmith: How long have you been an entrepreneur?
          August: 1 hour
          Santiago: No, 10 years
          Madesmith: How old are you?
          Santiago: 5.

Let's talk about Orange is the New Black. Ehn, nevermind. Let's not.

James Friedman took pictures of people making out for his series, The Pleasures and Terrors of Kissing. I can't stop looking at them.

Pendleton, of scratchy blanket fame, is now making US-manufactured clothes in Oregon. I want this sweater. I also want a cabin.

Is the coconut oil as beauty product hype legit? I'm buying a jar to take to the beach. On the other hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment